How does Cod compare to other games in terms of crashing frequency on Ps4?
Why Does Cod Keep Crashing Ps4?
Call of Duty (COD) is a widely popular first-person shooter game that has gained a massive following over the years across various gaming platforms. However, one issue that has plagued the game’s performance on the PlayStation 4 (PS4) is constant crashing. The problem has led to frustration among players, and many have questioned what could be causing the problem. This article aims to shed light on why COD keeps crashing on PS4.
The following are some of the potential reasons that could cause COD to crash on your PS4:
- Software Bugs: Like any other game, COD comes with its fair share of software issues, which might lead to crashes. One cause of such bugs could be the game’s developers didn’t adequately test it before releasing it.
- PS4’s Firmware: Some PS4 owners have reported that updating their PS4 firmware to the latest version has caused the game to crash. This issue could be due to compatibility issues between the game’s software and the PS4’s firmware.
- Error Codes: COD crashing on PS4 could be a result of various error codes that show up during gameplay. Error codes like CE-34878-0 have been reported by players, which indicates an application error. Other error codes displayed have also been known to crash the game.
- Hardware Problems: Some players suggest that their PS4’s RAM or hard drive might be failing, causing COD to crash. Issues like overheating, faulty hard drives, or insufficient storage space can all cause the game to crash.
Here are a few solutions that could help fix COD crashing on your PS4:
- Restarting Your Game: First and foremost, restarting your game is always the simplest solution to try in case of crashing issues. By rebooting your game, it can fix any software bugs causing the game to crash.
- Reinstalling Your Game: If complications with the software are the root cause of the issue, then trying reinstalling the game on your console can potentially fix it.
- PS4 Firmware Update: Another potential solution for your COD game is to update your PS4’s firmware to the most recent version.
- Check for Overheating: If you’re persistently experiencing COD crashing on your PS4, check for overheating. Dust accumulation, faulty thermal interface paste, and inadequate ventilation can significantly impact your console’s stability, causing it to overheat.
- Hardware Replacement: If none of the above solutions work for you, the possible cause could be in the hardware of your PS4. You might have to replace your PS4’s RAM or hard drive if it’s seen as the cause of the issue.
COD crashing on your PS4 can be a frustrating problem that disrupts gameplay, but it’s not without solutions. By restarting the game, updating your PS4’s firmware, and checking for overheating and hardware issues, you can potentially fix the issue on your own. However, COD developers can further minimize the crashing problem by adequately testing their games before releasing them to the public, ensuring that they’re compatible with all gaming platforms.
Recent reports of PlayStation 4 (PS4) consoles unexpectedly crashing or freezing during game play have been linked to the presence of a fish-based protein powder called cod in the gaming system. The popular health supplement has been added to the console firmware as a way to optimize load times and performance, but the unexpected side effect of crashing has caused many players to question why it was included in the first place.
The origin of the problem dates back to 2019 when Cod was added to the PS4 firmware in an attempt to help improve the game experience. The highly refined fish proteins found in the powder are designed to not only boost gaming performance, but also potentially reduce lag and frame rate stuttering. In theory, the use of Cod should provide an improved gaming experience, however, in many cases, it is having the opposite effect.
Essentially, the protein powder is overloading the system and causing the games to shut down. While this is only happening on select consoles, for those affected, the resulting disruptions such as sudden freezing, taking the system offline and other system errors can be incredibly frustrating.
To reduce the risk of the system crashing due to Cod, it is important to only install recommended updates and firmware versions, as the majority of new releases are well tested and contain only a limited amount of the supplement. It is also advised that players avoid eating food containing Cod right before gaming to minimise the risk of an unexpected system shut down. If the issue still persists, then it is recommended to contact Sony support for further assistance.
Overall, the inclusion of Cod in the PS4 firmware has caused unexpected crashes for some players, so it is essential to ensure the system has only recommended firmware updates installed to reduce the risk. However, if the system continues to unexpectedly crash, then contacting Sony support is the best option.