How To Delete Multiple Emails On Mac?
When you receive a ton of emails on your Mac, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed, and deleting each one individually can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there is a simple solution; you can delete multiple emails at once. In this article, we’ll show you how to delete multiple emails on Mac using various methods.
Method 1: Deleting Emails in Apple Mail
If you use Apple Mail as your email client, you can delete multiple emails quickly and easily by following these steps:
- Open Apple Mail and choose the mailbox containing the messages you want to delete.
- Click on the first email you want to delete and then hold down the Command key.
- While still holding the Command key, click on the other emails you want to delete.
- Once you have selected all the messages you want to delete, press the Delete key or right-click the messages and select Move to Trash.
These steps will allow you to delete multiple emails simultaneously from your Mac’s mailbox.
Method 2: Deleting Emails in Gmail or Other Email Providers
If you use an email provider like Gmail, and you wish to delete multiple emails follow these steps:
- Log in to your Gmail or email provider account.
- Select the emails you wish to delete by clicking on the boxes beside them.
- Once you have selected all the emails you want to delete, tap the delete button, which usually looks like a trash can icon or the word “delete” next to each message.
Deleting multiple emails in Gmail or other email providers is just as easy as deleting them from your Mac’s mailbox.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Apps
If neither of the previous methods works for you or you need more control, you can use third-party apps to delete multiple emails. One of these apps is CleanMyMac X, which allows you to delete multiple emails and free up storage space on your Mac.
- Download and install CleanMyMac X on your Mac.
- Launch the app and select “Mail Attachments” from the sidebar.
- Click “Scan” for CleanMyMac X to scan your email attachments and duplicates.
- Select the emails you wish to delete and click “Clean.”
The CleanMyMac X app is just one of many third-party apps that can help you delete multiple emails with ease.
Deleting multiple emails on your Mac can be done easily by using various methods. You can use Apple Mail to delete emails in bulk while being able to carefully choose which ones you wish to delete. You can also use email providers like Gmail to select emails and delete them in one go. Finally, third-party apps like CleanMyMac X will help you do this the fastest and with the greatest amount of control. Whatever method you choose to employ, deleting multiple emails will be quick, easy, and efficient.
Can I delete multiple emails on Mac without affecting my email account’s storage space?
I do not have access to your email account to verify its specific settings.
However, in general, deleting emails on your Mac should not affect the storage space of your email account. When you delete emails from your Mac’s email client, they are simply removed from the client’s database and do not necessarily delete the email messages from your email account’s server – unless configured otherwise.
To ensure that deleted emails still remain on your email account’s server, make sure to enable the option “Leave messages on server” in your email client’s settings. This will ensure that your email messages are not deleted from the server, even after being deleted on your Mac.
It is also recommended to periodically review and delete any unwanted emails from your email account’s server to free up space.